Thursday, April 29, 2010

An Early Mother's Day Gift

We did an early Mother's Day celebration since we are not going to be with mom. This is the wreath that I made for Mom for Christmas. It is made out of an old book. We placed this little bird on top of a pedestal in the center of the wreath for a cute spring look.

I got the place mats and the cute polka dot salad plates at TJ Maxx today. Adding colorful placemats really makes the plates pop.



The clear candlesticks and the goblets (which really are iridescent) add a little elegance to the table.



The most favorite salad of all is quite simple to make. Slices of tomatoes and mozzarella cheese topped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, a little S & P and garnished with a little snip of fresh basil creates a little plate of art. Don't be jealous ladies but it was my husband that created this delightful work of art.



Need I describe this? Strawberries and luscious plump black berries tossed in a bowl.


You may notice the above picture says Eat Lotsa Chocolate ....Guess Why!
I have been teaching my Mom how to edit photographs and add her name to the bottom of her pics. You can check out her amazing Chocolate blog here . Make sure you go to her blog and enter her give away for a pound of her delcious chocolates. Picture below is of a delicious refreshing libation. It is simply frozen limeade and sevenup with sliced fresh limes and lots of crushed ice. My husband developed this recipe all on his own.


And this is the crowning glory of the Early Mother's Day Dinner. And of course, you guessed it.....my husband grilled this all up for us. My mother thinks he is the world's greatest son-in-law.


14 comments:

  1. The food all looks yummy! You are one lucky lady! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, major points for your hubby! Looks like you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty table, love the little wreath...the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your table is so pretty!
    and your tomatoes salad is one of our favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making me so hungry. Love this post. Your are so creative and I am now going to go check out your mother's blog. Too cute you two blogging together. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your centerpiece. Your food is so tempting! I wish my mother had a computer that would be so much fun to do it together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very creative and I love that centerpiece! That's one pretty table and the food all looks delicious. The salad is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute polka dot plates and lovely 'scape to eat all the delicious food your hubby prepared! My DH cooks too and I KNOW how wonderful it is to sit down to a ready-made meal!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I almost bought those plates too! Very cute. I love to see how others put them together to come up with different tablescapes. Cute centerpiece. That food looks so good!

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this whole table (your husband's grill job is great, too!) and I adore how you re-used that wonderful book wreath again as a centerpiece!!!

    Hugs, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty!! I do love that wreath! The food looks lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I am hungry! Great husband you have there!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the table, but love-love the food!!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely table, but OMG that food is amazing! I may have to have dinner again. LOL

    ReplyDelete