Thursday, May 13, 2010

Everyday Table Dressing

While staying at my daughters inlaws home waiting for our new grandbaby to be born we enjoyed a lovely dinner at their home.
Notice the sippy cup in the left corner...that is everyday living with a toddler. :)I gave Kelly some of my white napkin rings and these pretty gold napkins from World Market and they just happened to match her placemats perfectly!
We enjoyed a lovely dinner of grilled chicken that is so easy to make! We used boneless chicken thighs mixed with a jar of orange marmalade, a good handful of dried thyme about a 1/4 cup of olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt and pepper! The flavor was amazing. Don't hesitate on using a lot of thyme...we just dumped and truly it was soooo good.
We also had a bowl of fresh raspberries, strawberries and blackberries!

Plus one of our all time favorite salads.... Caprese!
Fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzaralla cheese sprinkled with fresh basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar!I love Kelly's long beautiful Pine table. It has such a beautiful patina and it looks so fabulous all set so pretty!

Ahhh. Fresh Berries! Could there be anything better?


15 comments:

  1. Yummy menu...caprese is my favorite also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and inviting... I wrote down the ingredients for that yummy Caprese salad! I want to make it! ;)

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so delicious. That salad is a favorite of ours too. Hope you get to meet that grandbaby soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE that long wooden table and the food looks devine!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh~~~ how pretty and looks tasty too!
    Happy Tablescape Thursday:)

    Have a wonderful weekend,

    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. How thrilling to be awaiting the arrival of a grandbaby! In the meantime, you all are eating very well! Gorgeous platter of caprese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it was a very fun dinner. The chicken and the caprese salad were just sooo good. I use an organic no salt seasoning from Costco on just about everything! It adds so much flavor to chicken, the caprese salad, grilled vegetables etc.. I love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely table...the caprese looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post is making me hungry!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just yummy and beautiful or is it beautiful and yummy? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks fabulous!! I hate that the berry season ever comes to an end, well here in ND it sure does...

    ReplyDelete
  12. just shopped at world market a couple of weeks ago and got the best deal on a wooden salad bowl set! i adore that place.

    your photos are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks amazing, that caprese salad is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi lovely lady.
    Your food looks so yummy.. I'am your newest follower now. Keep the food coming I will be back. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape and my Kitchen. I hope you have a wonderful weekend coming up with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karin, this is the perfect family gathering & I love seeing the sippy cup! Our little ones are just past that stage but there is another grand on the way, so we'll have it again soon.

    I just said a prayer for an easy delivery & a safe, healthy baby for your family. Such a wonderful event to anticipate.

    Hugs,
    Rett

    p.s. I look forward to trying that chicken combo...I have fresh thyme growing in a pot in the sunroom!

    ReplyDelete